UPDATE: Patients who will be accessing their TeleVisit from a smart phone will receive a text a half an hour before their appointment with a link. Simply click on the link to access your appointment! Easy!
Established patients with Cardiovascular Institute can now request video appointments in lieu of in-office visits during this time of social distancing to prevent spreading illness. All you need is an email address and a smart phone, tablet, or a laptop/computer with a web camera and microphone and you can visit your cardiologist from the comforts of home.
Step 1: To schedule your “TeleVisit” or to change an already scheduled appointment to a TeleVisit, please call our office at (850)769-0329. If you do not already have an email on file with us, you will need to provide one in order to have your account web enabled.
Step 2: You will receive an email with instructions on how to access our patient portal and information about the Healow app for your smart phone. If your account was already web enabled, simply download the Healow app from your phone’s app store or log in from your computer at https://health.healow.com/CVINWF Your user name is the email you provided. Set up your account or if you’ve logged in previously and do not remember your password, click on “forgot password” to request a password reset to be sent to your email.
Step 3: When it’s time for your appointment, log-in to the app on your phone or to the website from your computer and click “Start TeleVisit”. If you have a home blood pressure monitor, please take your BP readings prior to your visit, you will be able to enter your numbers or any other vital signs such as temperature. Keep in mind that just like any other appointment, there are patients being seen both in office and on screen ahead of you that may cause a delay. However your provider will receive notifications that you are ready for your appointment and will join you on your screen as soon as possible.
Need more details? Never fear. Below are detailed instructions on exactly how to set up your account through the Healow app or through the website and how to activate your visit. We’re excited to launch this new tool to help our patients. We know that it’s new to you and it is new to us too, so we ask for your patience and understanding as we begin offering this new service.
PATIENT PORTAL ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS & TELEVISIT APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Below are instructions for accessing the patient portal on your computer and also instructions for accessing it on your phone. Please keep in mind these are first time set up instructions and all of these steps will not have to be performed each time, only for the initial set up.
Iphone or Android Access:
- You will need to download the Healow app from the app store on your smartphone.
- Once the app is downloaded you will need to log in with your user name and password. The username will be the email address.
- If you do not know you password, select “forgot password” and a link will be sent to the email address on file for you to reset this.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will select “Find My Doctor”. It will give you the option to search by physician or practice. Please select search by practice and put in Cardiovascular Institute and also Panama City for the city.
- Select Cardiovascular Institute at the top.
- You will have to agree to the terms and agreements.
- You will also have to allow microphone and camera access for TeleVisit appointments.
- It will ask you to verify your cell phone number so that it can send you a verification code.
- Once you have completed all of this (which is a one time set up), you should be at the dashboard. Once you are at the dashboard for the Healow app, you will see a wheel with options. The appointment option will be at the top. To see your appointments that you have, select appointment.
- Select the appropriate TeleVisit appointment and then select “Start TeleVisit” at the bottom.
- It will ask you for your vitals next so if you were able to check those at home, please enter them here. Once you are done select “submit vitals”.
- Next select “Start TeleVisit”. This will let the provider know that you are signed in, vitals entered and that you are ready for your visit.
Computer access for patient portal: If your computer is equipped with a microphone and a camera, you may use a computer to access the patient portal for your TeleVisit:
- Use the following link to access our patient portal: https://health.healow.com/CVINWF
- Use your email address for the log in name and then enter your password.
- If you cannot log in, you can click on “trouble logging in” and it will give you options if you have forgotten your user name or password.
- Once you are logged in, you will be at the dashboard and be able to see your TeleVisit appointments.
- Select “Join TeleVisit”
- Accept user agreement
- Download the plug-in
- Click on Run
- Click on the refresh browser button
- It will run a compatibility test to make sure it detects your camera and microphone
- It will give you the option to enter your vital signs.
- You will now be able to click on “Start TeleVisit” and it will let the provider know you are signed in and ready.