General Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular and Neurovascular Diseases
- BA, Neuroscience, Amherst College, 1993
- MD, University of Pennsylvania, 1998
- Internship & Residency, University of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Cardiology Fellowship, Emory University, 2004
- Cardiology Fellowship – Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular Intervention, Chief Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA, 2006
Dr. Haghighat is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease with added qualifications in Interventional Cardiology, Endovascular Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology.
He is a fellow in the American College of Cardiology. His clinical interests are in general cardiology with special emphasis in complex coronary and peripheral interventions, neurovascular angiography and intervention (Carotid stents), peripheral angiography and intervention, as well as select structural heart repairs via catheter such as aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and closure of atrial septal defects (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO).